Tuesday, May 25, 2010

This year in pictures

Here are a few pictures of some of the cakes that I've made so far this year.

I made these two cakes for Easter. (Obviously-sorry!) The bunny cake is our annual traditional Easter dessert. This year I decided to make sure that we all remember what Easter is really about thus the cross cake.

I made this one for a friend/co-workers birthday along with another cake that's too un-pretty to show here.

This one was for my mother in law's birthday a few weeks ago. She requested that I make her birthday cake using my "special" buttercream icing. I tried to be all professional with the dots on the sides. I didn't like the way it turned out but I did figure out a better way to do the dots so that they line up better.

My first attempt(s) at roses and petals. For some reason I'm incapable of centering my cakes on cake boards. I don't know why that is. My cakes always end up with one side showing more of the board than the others. I'm thinking it could be because I'm using cake boards that are bigger than the cakes I'm making.
So there you have it. A few pictures of some of the cakes I've made in the past few months.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could make roses 1/18th as good as that! Mine just look like Mr. Icing sneezed on the top of my cake *gag*
    I am loving your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!! You are a natural at those roses... they are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very talented! Love Debbie's cake :-)

    I see Bertha in the background...oh be still my heart.

    Love the roses on your last cake - I haven't even tried to make one yet...too intimidated!

    ReplyDelete